FOR OUR VETERANS
A home purchase is the average American's single largest investment. If you are a Veteran there are loan programs available to help purchase property and have your own piece of Texas. The VA or the Texas Veterans Land Board (TVLB) may be able to help.
Commission Donation Information
Purchase Price of $100,000 - $149,000: $250
Purchase Price of $150,000 - $199,000: $350
Purchase Price of $200,000 - $249,000: $450
Purchase Price of $250,000 - $349,000: $500
Purchase Price of $350,000 and above : $700
In most cases, you need to follow these steps to get a VA home loan.The VA Loan Buying Process
- Give us a call so we can familiarize you with this process! 830-515-8213
- Fill out a mortgage application to get your mortgage pre-approval.
- Obtain your Certificate of Eligibility. The Certificate of Eligibility (COE) verifies to the lender that you meet the eligibility requirements for a VA loan. Click here to access the application on the VA's website.
- Next we start our home-search process to find your dream home! You can access our MLS once you register at our property site here.
- Work with the lender to complete the loan application and gather the needed documents, such as pay stubs and bank statements.
- The lender orders a VA appraisal and begins to "process" all the credit and income information. (Note: VA's appraisal is not a home inspection or a guaranty of value. It's just an estimate of the market value on the date of the inspection. Although the appraiser does look for obviously needed repairs, VA doesn't guarantee the condition of the house. The appraiser, who is licensed, is not a VA employee. The lender can't request a specific appraiser; assignments are made on a rotating basis.)
- The lending institution reviews the appraisal and all the documentation of credit, income, and assets. The lender then decides whether the loan should be granted.
- FINALLY, we CLOSE! The escrow officer & title company will coordinate the details of the closing. You will sign your closing documentation, and the title company will send the package to the lender. As soon as the lender funds your loan, the home is now YOURS!
As a veteran you may qualify for the Veterans Affairs (VA) Home Guarantee Program (HGP). There is a misconception in the VA lends you the money for your home purchase; they guarantee the loan to the bank in your behalf. There are some great benefits in getting a VAHGP over other types of loans. You can find a list of the benefits by going to the VA Loan Home Loan Web site. As a Texas Veteran you may also qualify for a home guarantee from the Texas Veteran Land Board.
To find out more about the process of VA Guaranteed Loans and the Texas Vet Land Board Loans, Texas Veteran Land Board, you can contact them directly online or by phone: Texas Veteran Land Board at 1-800-252-VETS (8387). If you have questions about a VA guaranteed loan or are having trouble getting a VA guaranteed loan contact the VA Regional Office.
See if you are eligible for a VA Home Loan Guaranty.
See if you are eligible for a Texas Veteran Land Board Housing Assistance Program.
The Texas Veteran Land Board with their VHAP has the same benefits and procedures as the VA home guarantee does but there are three major differences:
- Neither the VA nor Texas Veteran Land Board (TVLB) have limits on how much the purchase price might be but they do have limits on how much they will guarantee the loan for.
- The Texas Veteran Land Board (TVLB) bases their interest rate off the VA but only changes weekly while the VA can change daily. Work with your REALTOR® and lender to insure you are getting the better rate.
- If you are a disabled veteran (30% or greater) the Texas Veteran Land Board (TVLB) will reduce the interest rate for you even more with the Veterans with Disabilities Program.